Thursday, June 16, 2011

Graduation

My youngest graduates from preschool tomorrow. He says to me, "I'm ready to go to kindergarten now!" This graduation is bittersweet for me. My baby is off to big school. No more half days and no more special time with just me and him. As I drove him to school today I realized it was the last time I would be doing so. The last time we would take the 5 mile trip singing his favorite songs. He seems to have grown up so much from September, capable of doing more things for himself. 


I also feel like I'm graduating too. I'm off to big school. This preschool has been an anchor, a home base for my children and I the last four years. Friends I have made, women I have come to know and see everyday, I will see no more. Like every graduation, people promise to K.I.T. and the ever popular "we have to get together over the summer". But life gets in the way, and the old adage of "Out of sight, Out of Mind" applies. I'm guilty of it, we all are. 


So as I walk the halls tomorrow for the last time I must not be sad. I must take a cue from my son and be excited for the next adventure. He seems to know best. 


XOXO


The Brainless Housewife :P

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Its a big day tomorrow. Cherish every moment, they are special.

    Tomorrow he graduates from preschool, before you know it he will be graduating from Jr High.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest is going to kindergarten this year too :) New follower from bloggy moms, have a great weekend! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete