Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hi, I'm a Nail Polish Addict

Name: The Brainless Housewife
Age: Mid 30's
Addiction: Coffee (that's a given I have children!) and Nail polish


In this stage of my life, I have become a nail polish addict. Ages ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth, B.C. (Before Children) I used to get my nails done weekly. I loved having them polished and beautiful. However, after I had children my nails took a back seat...all the way back to the end of the 5000 ft long trailer. 


But this spring something amazing happened. I was on youtube and on the side there was a link to a nail tutorial. I clicked and was amazed. I combed over all the videos and my absolute favorite channel was "My Simple Little Pleasures" http://www.youtube.com/user/SimpleLittlePleasues (I follow her blog too) who shows how to do water marbling and nail design. From just one click, my nails have not been the same since.


I started doing my own manicures and pedicures (I won't go to the salon, I'm a total germaphobe). Instead of zoning out on HGTV at night, I paint my nails two hours before I go to sleep. I even have a small nail polish collection. But since I have champagne tastes on a Schaefer beer budget, most of my nail polishes are the drug store brand bought on sale.  I refuse to spend more than three bucks for a bottle-yes, I know I'm cheap! 


So, I may need to have my hair done (its been months), have a muffin top, need new clothes, and generally look like a hot mess some days, but rest assured my nails will always looks nice.


XOXO


The Brainless Housewife :P


P.S. I will not be posting any pics of my nails like other blogs because no one needs to see my dishpan hands!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! Going to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I was always one for somekind of "style" when I first got married! Then I had kids! Now, it's all about comfort! Who cares what it looks like! LoL...Stephanie
    http://stephanie-nobles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started painting mine myself too !I used to get them done religiously, but once I had kids I had no time or money to keep them up!
    It's the little things!
    Kim
    http://www.mytwintasticlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get too fancy, I don't have the patience or steady hand for nail art. I find that glitter polishes cover any streaking or brush strokes. Thank God its in style right now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed. I haven't had polish on my nails in forever. I try to keep them shaped, but that's about it. I have to paint my toes though. If I didn't people would stop me and ask me to cover them with closed toe shoes! Following you. Please follow me back at: http://chatonsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete