Saturday, July 2, 2011

Panic at the Suburban Mall!

Panic on the streets of London, Panic on the streets of Birmingham....I just love The Smiths, however if I had the chance I'd add the line to "Panic at the suburban mall" I took my kids to see Cars 2 on opening day. It was the first showing, got there early, what could go wrong?? 


Well first of all, the theater was filthy...I mean like last showing filthy. I was freaking out thinking of all the bed bugs, lice, and other germs we could contract. I wanted to leave so bad ...but my kids would have had the grand puba of all meltdowns. Second of all, everyone and their mother showed up, there was not a seat left. With the filth and all the people, I felt the walls closing in on me. Third of all, after asking my minions (that is my boys new names) a billion times if they had to go to the bathroom, they both decide in the middle of the movie they just HAD to pee. UGH!

I can't even tell you what the movie was about because between the potty breaks and worrying if we contracted lice, bed bugs, or some infectious disease, I did not pay attention. The movie was finally over and as we left the theater (which is in the middle of the town mall) I was in shock. There were so many people it looked like Black Friday or the day before Christmas Eve. I was totally not prepared for this. As I tried to navigate through the crowd I held my kids hands tighter and tighter. I felt panic setting in-chest pounding, dizziness, sweating, the works. They had no idea how freaked out I was because when we got home I let them play the Wii so I could recuperate. 

So what did I learn from all this? Never see a movie on opening day, always carry a plastic tarp, and always park closest to the exit. 


XOXO


The Brainless Housewife :P

1 comment:

  1. Hello! found you through Bloggy Mom's. Love your blogs. Can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete